Faithful John is
- the King's most loyal palace servant and friend.
- the King's cousin.
- the King's brother.
- Prince Crispin's brother.
Faithful John promised to look after
- the old king
- Prince Crispin
- Princess Esther
What did Crispin say when he saw the portrait of Princess Esther?
- "I am in love"
- "What a picture!"
- "Oh God"
- "Where does she live?"
After he had seen the portrait of Princess Esther,
- Crispin fainted.
- Crispin immediately sailed away.
- John told him to forget her.
- Crispin is mad at John.
Crispin and John sailed to
- the Land of the Money
- the Land of the Golden Roof
- the Land of the Hungry Mind
- the Land of the Pancakes
Faithful John went ashore to fetch
- the golden roof.
- a lotus blossom.
- a golden rose.
- the Princess.
Princess Esther almost wept when she saw
- the golden rose.
- the lotus blossom made by King Crispin.
- a ring with sapphires.
- a necklace made by John.
How did John learn about the curses?
- John overheard the ravens.
- Esther told him everything.
- Mary told John about the dangers.
- Crispin's father had told him everything before he died.
If King Crispin rides the ruby horse,
- it will leap away and never be seen again.
- Crispin will turn into stone.
- Crispin will die of a heart attack.
- it will burn Crispin.
John turned into stone because he
- had rescued both King Crispin and Princess Esther
- had killed Crispin's father.
- had killed Crispin's twins.
- had killed Mary.