How to Sell Yourself in a Job Interview
If you are not sure how to sell yourself, you should read the information offered on the website before doing this exercise.
You should know a lot about the company you apply for because
- you might be asked how you found about the job offer.
- you can ask informed questions about the job in question.
- you will be able to ask your interview partner questions about his or her boss.
Why should you study the description of the job in detail?
- You can start talking about the skills mentioned in the description of the job.
- You should only apply for the job if you have done something like that before.
- You should be able to refer to your strenghts which fit in the description of the job.
Why should one analyse one's strengths before going to a job interview?
- You can give some good examples proving that you have the qualifications required
- You can boast.
- You will be self-confident.
Which impression should you make?
- You should not only be friendly and enthusiastic, but also responsive and honest.
- Be self-assured and demanding.
- Be shy and defensive.